Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Tooth Fairy Cometh!

Last night was a big night at our house as Jackson's bottom front tooth (which has been loose for over a month) FINALLY came out!  He was so excited to show me the big hole in his mouth!




This morning when he woke up he could not wait to see if the Tooth Fairy came.  Of course she did and left two shiny quarters!  Now my little chatter box is so excited to have two quarters that he can't stop talking about it.  He's even told me about the Tooth Fairy bringing him two quarters three times already and I was there when he got up.  LOL. 

Peyton has been a busy boy over the last few days!  He is finally starting to sit up on his knees and is about to figure out that crawling will be faster if he is up on his knees instead of doing his little watermelon crawl moves.  LOL.  This past Friday night I was in the kitchen cooking dinner when I heard Jackson say, "You are doing such a good job of standing, Peyton!"  When I came back to the living room, there was Peyton who pulled himself up on the side of the chair.  I quickly got a picture and I'm glad I did cuz he hasn't done it since!!  LOL.  Hopefully he will try that again here real soon.


For the last several days I have not felt well.  I woke up Thursday morning with a temp of 101.3 and it continued to go up and down until finally on Saturday morning I went to the walk-in clinic in Urbandale.  I used to work at that clinic years ago when Daniel was still in vet school.  Boy, that place sure has changed a lot and it was impressive to me that because I go to another Iowa Health System clinic that they could just pull up my records right their at a different clinic!  :-)  Anyway, after spending about two hours at the clinic, they told me that I had early pneumonia!  The funny part is that I only had a fever, no cough or congestion, so I would have never thought pneumonia.  So now I'm taking an antibiotic that makes me nauseous and still have a mild-fever and it's Tuesday.  :-( 

2 comments:

  1. what's the going rate for teeth these days? When I was a kid I only got a quarter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same for me when I was a kid, Matt! From other comments I have received online it looks like anywhere from $1-$10 is the going rate! YIKES!

    ReplyDelete