Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A day from hell!

We had more thunderstorms last night so Jackson slept with me most of the night.  Early this morning however I was awoken by his head in my side as he was spinning around in the bed playing.  God only knows what time it was but I rolled over and told him he could go back to his own bed since the storm was over, which he did.  MIRACLE!  LOL.

Anyway, I had to get Jackson to the doctor this morning so we all got up early.  And I mean EARLY like 6:45 a.m.  UGH!  After we all got ready I ran Peyton to my mom's house and then Jackson and I made our way to Walnut Creek Pediatrics.  Here's a little background for ya... Daniel and I recently decided to have Jackson evaluated for ADHD.  An incident last week was the final straw for me when Daniel was riding his bike since he's training for RAGBRAI, while Jackson and I rode our bikes around Gray's Lake. This was the first time we did this and it was quite the experience for me.  Picture it:  Jackson was riding his cute little red bike with training wheels next to me as I turned my head towards him and said, "Jackson, why don't you ride up in front of me now."  No response.  So again I said, "Jackson, ride up in front of me now."  No response.  So I yell, "HELLO!"  Jackson turned to me and says, "What did you say, Daddy?"  That was just the start to our hour and a half ride of me trying to give him direction and him saying, "Did you say something, Daddy?"  I was like he's either deaf or ADHD!  The appointment went well and we are proceeding with some next steps for treatment for him.

So you are probably thinking...  'ummmm, where is the a day from hell part?'

Well, when I got home from picking up Jackson for camp and Peyton from my mom's...  guess what the dog did??  Threw up on the couch, the rug, and three places on the floor.  It was ALL OVER THE COUCH.  I thought I was going to die.  So I got the kids to nap and cleaned up that mess.  THEN, so last night I neglected to mention that my baby Peyton spit up three times.  Very unexpected each time right after a bottle.  I was really worried that he wouldn't sleep at all, but he didn't have any problems in the night.  This morning he was fine taking a bottle and cereal and the same at lunchtime.  He laid down and took a 2 1/2 hour nap and when I went in to get him he was awake and smiling.  He started to get a bit fussy so I got a bottle ready and sat down to feed him.  The nipple barely touched his lips and up everything came from lunchtime.  All over me, all over the rug, AND all over the couch.  OMG!  I need to send the couch and rug to the cleaners!  So basically my day from hell was a day of throw up.  Can you top that?

Peyton seems to be fine tonight tho.  I did call the doctor and spoke to a nurse.  There is evidently a stomach bug going around right now and she thought he might have picked up the bug from somewhere.  So it's been Pedialyte all evening and he took a bottle before bed with no problems - finger crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment