Monday, August 22, 2011

The State Fair Attracts All Kinds!

Last Thursday we finally took the boys to the Iowa State Fair.  Jackson was so excited to go and see...  The Butter Cow.  I think the commercials on TV and billboards with the large picture of the butter cow really got him curious about this creature. However, it wasn't until we got in line to see the cooler filled with butter cow that I realized that Jackson thought the cow was going to be real and that he could touch it.  LOL.  He handled the disappointment well, but I still thought it was pretty cute that he thought it was going to be a real cow made of butter. So we rode the ski lift, ate a corn dog, had a root beer float and then the rain started.  LOL.  We all still had a good time and I actually remembered to bring the umbrella with us.  Now, that NEVER happens that I'm caught in the rain and have the umbrella!  :-) Here are some fun pics I took...


Saturday night I went back to the fair with my best friend, Lisa and her sister Kari to see Reba McEntire in concert. Now I'm far from what you would call a country music fan, but I do love Reba and a lot of her music because of my grandmother who did listen to nothing but country.  A guy named Jerrod Niemann was her opening act and dang was he adorable!  Wow!  What an awesome concert!  I probably gained 10 lbs from the cheese curds, ribbon fries, mini donuts, jenny grinder, and deep fried snickers bar but I don't care.  It was a great night!


Reba during her encore singing "Fancy"
Last night, Daniel and I headed back for the final day of the fair and to see Janet Jackson in concert.  We got there early enough to eat some more fried food and walk around and check out the awesome crafts that local artists made and checked out the other vendors and exhibitors.  I even ran into the Obama's.  :-)


Janet put on an awesome concert and I loved the sweet tribute to Michael. I forgot about a lot of those songs by her that I grew up listening to and somehow remembered all of the words to at the concert.  :-)

Daniel and I before the concert started!
Janet was naughty!!  hehehehe

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a great time! We almost went to the IL state fair, but it was a two hour drive and I had already seen the *fake* butter cow a bunch of times. :-)

    ReplyDelete