Thursday, September 15, 2011

What's next?

So I guess the honeymoon is officially over at school for Jackson!  Monday he got in trouble on the playground and needed a lot of reminding to play nice with others and not yell and scream at the top of his lungs constantly.  He's just a ADHD boy...  what can I say?  The last two days were much better, but today was crumby again.  :-(  They have a check system in the classroom and Jackson got 4, yes, FOUR checks today.  I hope tomorrow is a better day for him!

Several of our friends know this, but I thought I would share it here as well.  When we moved back to Des Moines last October we left our house there in North Carolina still on the market.  A year later, it is still on the market!  17 months now to be exact since it was listed prior to our move.  Ugh!  We have joked that if the house doesn't sell next year that we should consider moving back and making improvements to the house that we always wanted to do.  Unfortunately, this week in the North Carolina House and Senate they passed a measure to have the people of North Carolina vote on changing the NC constitution to say marriage is between a man and a woman only and that union would be the only one recognized by the state.  NC is right in the middle of the bible belt so the odds are against it, but a recent poll showed that 53% were against a constitutional amendment.  Oh, did I meant that this will be voted on next May during the Republican primary in North Carolina?  Yea, I fear this measure will pass because how many Democrats are going to go vote in a Republican primary?  :-( 

On a happier note, I'm going back into the recording studio next week and making another CD.  In 2009, I went recorded 15 songs that I had sang at the bars for karaoke or at family gatherings as a gift to my mom.   Next week I will return to re-record some songs from the first CD and add a lot more to my catalog.  I'm very excited!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment