Saturday, September 17, 2011

The Lie That Didn't Stop

Yesterday when I picked up Jackson from school we were standing in the hall talking about his day when I noticed his pants were torn.  They were not like that when I dropped him off in the morning.  So I asked him what happened.  He said, "Well, I was crawling around on the rug and they tore."  Here is a picture of the torn pants...


Knowing that I would become Joan Crawford there in the hallway if I didn't let it go, we talked to the teacher about other things and then headed to my mom's house for dinner.  I asked him in the car several times about his pants and each time he told me about the rub and crawling around on it and that he knew it was tearing, but didn't stop.  When Daniel called that night and Jackson told him about it, Daniel didn't believe the "crawling around on the rug" story either.  But Jackson was firm that was the truth and we just left it at that. 

Daniel told me that we could salvage the pants and make them into shorts so I got the pants and tore the rest of the leg off and Jackson started to cry.  When I asked him what was wrong he said, "The other kids are going to laugh at me if you make me wear those pants like that!"  I couldn't help it, but I started laughing and said, "Well, you should have thought about that before your were crawling around making it worse, now put em on!"  Here is Jackson modeling his new 'Project Jackson-way' design...


He, of course, was totally pissed off when I took this picture.  Afterwards, I told him that Dad is going to cut the other leg off and make them into a pair of shorts for him. 

Today, my mom watched the boys for me so I could practice songs for my recording studio gig on Tuesday.  While they were with Nana, she questioned Jackson about the pants and told him that she didn't believe his story.  So finally he told her that there was a small hole in the knee of his pants and he stuck his finger in there and ripped the pants straight across.  When I arrived to pick up the kids my mom pulled me aside and told me.  So after we got home and both boys took a short nap, I got them up and asked Jackson again about his pants and what happened giving him the opportunity to tell me the truth.  He again told me about crawling around on the rug. So I told him that I talked to Nana while he was napping and that she told me that he told her something else caused the rip.  And you know what he said???  He told me that he didn't tell her anything different because the truth was that he was crawling around on the rug and it ripped his pants.  OMG!  So I picked up the phone and called my mom and gave the phone to Jackson.

Needless to say, we confessed after talking to Nana on the phone by saying, "Well, Daddy the reason that I lied was because it was an accident."  LMAO!  I thought I was going to fall down laughing.

Anyway, I'm gonna teach this boy that lying is unacceptable even if it kills me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment