Thursday, September 8, 2011

I think I can be a Veterinarian!

Now that Jackson is in school, my days are so scheduled.  I get up around 6:30 a.m. to get ready so I can be upstairs when Jackson's alarm goes off at 7:00 a.m.  He has five things that he has to do in the morning before he comes to breakfast.  I'm proud of him for doing those 5 tasks most of the time because that can be very hard for an ADHD kid.  His tasks are:

1)  Go potty
2)  Wash your hands
3)  Brush your teeth
4)  Make your bed
5)  Get dressed

Sometimes we forget to brush out teeth or make our bed, but as long as he doesn't go back to bed when he turns off the alarm or starts playing with toys, Daddy is pretty happy!  After breakfast we rush off to school at 7:55 a.m. to be there before school starts at 8:15 a.m.  Then Peyton and I either run some errands or come back home.  When we are home, all of my energy is spent on Peyton who is being pretty clingy and gets upset if I go to the restroom or into the kitchen to get something for him.  I can't even get on my laptop without him getting ticked off!  ;-)  When naptime rolls around, Daddy can finally get some things done in the house like dishes, washing clothes, cleaning, and I've been trying to exercise!  Then I get Peyton up around 2:15 p.m. for some food and then we rush off to pick up Jackson at 3:00 p.m.  I kinda miss our summer days when we didn't have to do much and it wasn't so scheduled!  :-(

This afternoon when Peyton and I were waiting outside of Jackson's classroom, I saw that the bulletin board had new pictures covering it.  In the middle was a sign that said, "After the Kindergartners read 'The Little Engine That Could' they made these drawings.  So I started searching the board to see if Jackson had a drawing on the board.


I couldn't wait to call Daniel and tell him.  When class let out, I mentioned the drawing on the board to the teacher and told her that Daniel is a Veterinarian.  She said that Jackson is always thinking and such a great helper in class.  A friend of mine who works at the school even told me that the teacher talks very positively about Jackson to the other teachers.  Gosh, that really makes me feel good especially since I went to Park Avenue when I was a kid and most of the teachers and administration know that!  ;-)

Like I said before, Peyton is really keeping my busy during the day.  We have stopped using the bottle and have moved completely to sippy cups.  YEA!  I didn't think I could get him to do it, but it has actually been pretty easy.  Today when I was checking on an assignment for my new "Intro to Philosophy" course, he was serenading me with his new musical instruments.  


Perhaps tomorrow he will take a few steps on his own?!  I'm waiting for him to try it. We keep practicing walking around the room with him holding my hands.  I can't wait!!

Jackson had his second dance lesson last night at Betty Hill Dance Studio in Windsor Heights.  He is doing tap and jazz.  Because Jackson has to change from his tap shoes into his jazz shoes in the middle of class, I was really worried that he wouldn't ask the teacher to help him tie his shoes.  I tried to show him earlier in the day but he just didn't get it.  Does anyone have suggestions for teaching a child to tie their shoes?  Anyway, I grabbed the teacher and ask him if he would make sure someone helped him tie his shoes because he "thinks" he knows how to do it, but he doesn't.  He gave me a funny look and said they would be sure to help him.  Am I being one of those mom's on Dance Mom's?  LOL.  I can't help it that I worry about these little trivial things, but my kid is overly confident at times and sometimes that's not a good thing!  <Sigh>

On the way to dance class last night, Jackson saw a Mater look-a-like truck (which we have seen several times before) and kept asking me when Cars 2 was coming out of DVD.  I told him I didn't know, but that didn't stop him from asking me two more times.  LOL.  It's coming out November 1 for anyone who wants to know.  Anyway, I snapped a quick picture of the Mater truck because it is VERY cute down on the corner of SE 5th and MLK Parkway.


I'm looking forward to the weekend!  Hopefully the weather will be nice so we can either do a bike ride or another picnic (this past Monday for Labor Day we took the boys to Union Park and had a picnic and played on the rocket slide, listened to the carousel, and all took turned playing with my remote control car.  It was awesome!)

No comments:

Post a Comment