Thursday, November 10, 2011

Sick brings Snow?

After several days of coughing and chest congestion, Peyton's cold traveled to his right eye so we went to the doctor Tuesday morning for some medicine for his eye infection.  Poor kid looks like he was in a fight and lost with his eye and irritation around his eye from his constant rubbing!  :-(


Yesterday we woke up to 2.5" of snow on the ground and Jackson was very excited!  I was not however as I really had not been looking forward to the first snow and driving Jackson to school in it.  Luckily, it was really not bad and we made it to and from school with no problem.  By the time I picked him up most of the snow had melted.  Jackson was very cute when he came running up to the car and said, "Daddy, I ate all of my lunch and had no reminders today so when we get home can I go into the backyard and make a snow angel?"  I felt bad telling him that most of the snow had already melted in the yard and that it was too wet for him to do that today.  We had a good afternoon together and later I took him and Peyton to Nana's house while I had something else to do.  

While I was at my meeting I received an email from Jackson's teaching telling me about a problem he had during the day where he hit another little boy at lunch in the back and left a mark.  The teacher said that she talked to Jackson and the other boy and gave both of them reminders about keeping hands to themselves.  Now remember what Jackson told me when he got in the car this afternoon...  I was really upset that he lied to me and intentionally did not tell me what happened.  When I picked him up from my mom's house he of course didn't remember anything and was really quiet.  I think he was embarrassed that he got caught.  Anyway, no cartoons for him today and we talked about it for a long time last night.  So disappointing!

My new challenge during the day is that Peyton has figured out how to climb up on the couch.  So Daddy had to get creative and now Peyton is really ticked off that he can't get up on the couch anymore.  See what I did...


Anyway, I'm looking forward to a nice warmer weekend with everyone feeling and acting more like themselves.  Here are a few pics from last week that I took of the boys...  my heart is filled with so much love for both of them!


No comments:

Post a Comment