Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Owl! That hurt!

"Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole" was a terrible movie!  So much violence between all of those birds!  Near the end of the movie Jackson turned to me and said, "Daddy, this really is a good movie for me because it makes me learn." 

To which I replied, "Ummmm, what does this movie teach you?" 

Jackson had to think about it for a minute and finally he said, "It teaches me how owls fly!" 

It was the way he said it.  Like 'knowing' how owls fly (which the movie does not teach you) will solve all the problems of the world.  LOL.  I couldn't help but laugh!  So I told him, "Well, honey, knowing how owls fly really isn't as important as knowing how to read and write.  The shows we watch on Iowa Public Television help us learn, not this movie." 

Was that mean?  Am I a horrible parent because I didn't play along with that? 

No comments:

Post a Comment