Sunday, December 4, 2011

Winter Wonderland?

Winter in Iowa.  Always a joy!  All the hype this weekend about a huge snow storm coming through town, all of the plows on deck and the city pre-treating the roads...  so early this morning, it snowed...  for 5 minutes.  A light dusting!  LOL.  Jackson was disappointed that he couldn't make a snow angel!

Peyton and I have been having a lot of fun getting out of the house doing more things together this past week.  Thursday's Fun with One's Rhyme Time was awesome!  There were a ton of people there, too!  Friday, we headed to the Science Center of Iowa and had a play date/meet-up with a stay at home mom group that I found searching online.  I emailed to ask if they even had dads join their group and they invited us to this meet-up.  We had a lot of fun (as usual cause we love SCI), but it was nice for me to socialize with some other adults!  I had to laugh at Peyton because he kept clearing everything off of the bottom shelf of a book case in the toddler area just so he had a place to sit (like he does at home sometimes).


He got really upset when it was time to leave throwing a huge tantrum throwing himself on the floor and everything!  Gosh, that was fun - NOT!  Anyway, I have even been officially invited to 'join' the stay at home mom group and I did this weekend!  I'm looking forward to some fun get togethers with the other stay at home moms (I guess I'm the first dad in their group). :-)

Yesterday we ran out to McDonald's for a quick lunch with our friends Chris and Dylan and then hit Incredible Pizza to play some games.  Ski ball, bumper cars, bowling... I love that place!  :-)  Afterwards, we ran out to Jordan Creek Mall to adopt our first Elf on the Shelf.  Have you heard of this?  It's so cute!  We bought the kit with the story and a doll and after we got home, we opened the box and read the book.  We named our elf Oscar.  Oscar is a magic elf who listens and watches what is going on in our house and every night he goes to the North Pole and reports to Santa about how naughty or nice the boys have been.  When he returns in the morning, he is always in a different spot somewhere in the house and it is a fun game to search for his new hiding place each day!  His first night he was on top of our bookcase and this morning he was like an ornament on the Christmas Tree.


Hopefully Oscar will help Jackson to stay on track with following rules and doing what he is told...  time will tell I guess!


Tonight, we attended a birthday party for our friend, Jonas.  He turned 2 years old and his mommy made the best cake!  It was really an awesome cake with a waterfall of frosting and everything!  We had a yummy Italian dinner as well of spaghetti and meatballs!  Here is a pic Daniel took of me and the boys rolling around in the rolling chairs at the restaurant.  :-)

2 comments:

  1. I wanted to get elf on the shelf last year but we didn't have a kid yet so it didn't make much sense. We will probably wait until next year to get it when Lucas is a bit older. Did you see the tv special they did of the story? It was kinda cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I didn't see the TV Special... I'll have to look on Youtube or google to see if I can find it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete