Sunday, February 5, 2012

Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

Yesterday we got a couple of inches of snow in Des Moines (unlike the 20 inches of snow Denver got - YIKES) and it was very cute to watch Peyton stare out the window taking it all in...


We all spent a fun, lazy morning together after Dad had been out of town all week for work.  Peyton even took advantage of the time making his own seat by dumping out all of his toys from a basket and sitting in the basket.  The Big Bad Wolf's dream come true?  LOL.


Jackson and I braved the snow later in the afternoon and ran to the grocery store.  I was surprised that it wasn't as packed as I thought it might have been.  When we were all done and standing at the check-out, Jackson and I started to put the groceries on the belt and I noticed that the jug of milk appeared to be leaking a little bit.  This is the second time I've picked up a leaking jug of milk at Wal-mart.  What the up with that??  Anyway, the girl took the milk and slide it across the scanned before I could even say it was leaking and milk went everywhere.  WHOOPS!  LOL. 

Dad made an awesome dinner for us with homemade french fries and baked chicken.  It was really yummy!  Peyton kept signing for "more" french fries!  Sometimes I wish I had a video camera attached to my hand all of the time to catch moments like that!

Today, we are having another lazy day not wanting to do much of anything.  Jackson and I did manage to get the front sidewalk shoveled!  I fried some bacon, made some oatmeal and toast and we had a big Sunday breakfast.  Afterwards when I was cleaning up the kitchen, Dad was busy responding to some work emails and Jackson was getting dressed so I went to check on Peyton...


There is something about Iowa Public Television cartoons that gets his attention!  LOL.  This week we are keeping track of all our TV watching for the Nielsen Ratings and I laughed as I put down that our 1 year old was watching TV all by himself!  That doesn't happen very often! 

As the rest of the world is getting super excited to watch the Super Bowl today, Dad and I are more excited about watching the Super Bowl Half-time show with Madonna!  I think this cartoon pretty much sums it up for us both!


Happy Super Bowl Sunday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment